When families are finding it hard to make ends meet, public opinion can often turn against large corporations. Effective corporate communications can provide a reliable way in advocating and promoting an organization’s contribution to society. All this in an age where consumers are demanding that corporations do their bit and put in more to the society in which they operate.
As the larger hedge funds seem to be demanding more social appreciation from the companies they invest in, we may have reached a tipping point; a trend toward greater corporate social responsibility. It’s not just about profits any more.
- Promote volunteering. Companies can embed this philosophy in their teams even without spending any money. It also increases pride and togetherness amongst staff.
- Create a committee. An internal team put together to handle CSR matters can be invaluable. As well as developing events and calendars, it also grows leadership among staff.
- Enjoyment. Volunteering can feel like a privilege, rather than a duty. Consider creating an hours-in-lieu exchange for team members keen to volunteer.
- Community outreach. Encourage staff to step outside the company and out into the wider community. This is a great way to grow the company’s brand in the local area.
- Take their views into account. Aim to support charities or initiatives that staff already make donations to.
- Invite customers to join. This is a great way to show leadership within your sector, and also to foster stronger and more rewarding two-way relationships between staff and your customer organizations.
- Promote and show your efforts. Make sure that your contributions are put out there and spoken about, either via social media or with the more traditional photo caption press release.
Please speak to us for free advice or to request a project-specific consultation.
Contact Us : www.vivaldipr.com